Don’t miss a chance to eat great food from Wise Acre Eatery, explore Tangletown Gardens Farm (where nearly all the plants sold at Tangletown Gardens are grown) and celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. The event is set for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 24, at Tangletown Gardens Farm in Plato, MN, a scenic drive along Highway 212 from the Twin Cities.
The registration for the MSHS 150th Anniversary Celebration at the farm, is open through noon tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 20. Cost is only $20 for MSHS members, $25 for nonmembers and $10 for children, including a delicious lunch catered by Wise Acre Eatery.
Also on tap at the event is:
- Wagon tours (or walking if field conditions don’t allow for the wagon) with Scott Endres and Dean Englemann from Tangletown Gardens touring their sustainable farm, greenhouses and aquaponic growing operation (about every 30 minutes)
- Aquaponically grown lettuce and basil taste testing (10 a.m. to noon) with the Horticultural Science Department from the University of Minnesota
- Picnic lunch catered by Wise Acre Eatery (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Music by the bluegrass band Skunk Hollow (noon to 3 p.m.)
- Neil Anderson, professor at the University of Minnesota, will speak on the history of MSHS (1 p.m.)
We hope to see you all there!