MSHS is happy to once again host the garden speakers at the Minnesota Home and Patio Show, which begins Thursday and runs through Sunday at the St. Paul River Center in downtown St. Paul. From beekeeping to urban gardening to peonies, we’ve got an exciting and informative list of speakers.
After attending one of the talks, be sure to stop by our booth. We’ll have books from many of the speakers as well as MSHS bulbs, garden tools and other useful items for gardeners. We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Here’s what’s on tap:
Thursday, Feb. 16
- 5:30 p.m., Crafting Cool and Creative Containers with Don Engebretson, the Renegade Gardener and Northern Gardener design columnist.
- 6:30 p.m., The Dos and Dont’s of Beekeeping with Paul Koffy, BUZ’N102.9 and Ev Jacobson, the Bee Lady.
Friday, Feb. 17
- 2:30 p.m., Selecting Fruit for Urban Locations, with Faith Applequist
- 3:30 p.m., Growing Peonies with Mary Yee
- 4:30 p.m., Design Secrets to a Beautiful Garden with Don Engebretson
- 5:30 p.m., Growing Fruits and Vegetables in Containers with Mark Armstead
- 6:30 p.m., The Dos and Don’ts of Beeekeeping.
Saturday, Feb. 18
- 11:30 a.m., Two Old Guys Talking About Gardening with Bobby Jensen of KARE 11 and Dr. Ken Nordberg
- 12:30 p.m., Grow Your Own Gourmet Mushrooms at Home with Matt Ratliff
- 1:30 p.m., The Dos and Don’ts of Beeekeeping.
- 2:30 p.m., Crafting Cool and Creative Containers
- 3:30 p.m., Two Old Guys Talking About Gardening
- 4:30 p.m., The Dos and Don’ts of Beeekeeping.
Sunday, Feb. 19
- 11:30 a.m., Restoring Native Pollinator Habitat with Cheryl Culberth
- 12:30 p.m., Crafting Cool and Creative Containers
- 1:30 p.m., Two Old Guys Talking About Gardening
- 2:30 p.m., The Dos and Don’ts of Beeekeeping.
- 3:30 p.m., Growing Fruits and Vegetables in Containers