MSHS is hiring a coordinator for our Garden-in- a-Box program. The program’s goal is to help low-income and/or at-risk children and their families have access to fresh, local produce and the tools to grow it themselves by providing garden boxes, soil, vegetable plants, gardening resources and educational opportunities.
The position is part-time: November through March 20 hours per week, and April through October 30 hours per week.
The GIAB Program Coordinator will report to the Community Outreach Coordinator and will coordinate all aspects of the Garden-in- a-Box program. Required skills include:
- Knowledgeable in vegetable gardening and use of produce, as well as seasonal gardening issues such as pest management
- Vehicle required to visit gardens in the Twin Cities area and outstate Minnesota.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point as well as Quicken software for invoicing
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to tabulate and evaluate the data collected from participant surveys and create reports in Microsoft Excel based on findings
- Comfortable presenting to groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations and engage children
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy materials
Learn more about the program and position at our website.
Applicants can send a resume and cover letter to the Community Outreach Coordinator, Vicky Vogels, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2705 Lincoln Drive, Roseville, MN 55113. No phone calls please.