Spring Asparagus Salad
This light dish is from the kitchen of our Development Director, Diane Duvall. Harvest your homegrown asparagus and add to this tasty side for a fresh, spring treat.
- 2.5 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon olive juice reserved from jar (for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (for dressing)
Place asparagus in a pot of boiling water. Reduce heat to simmer—cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and place in a cold water bath for about 5 minutes.
While asparagus is cooling, whisk together dressing ingredients. Remove asparagus from water and toss with pine nuts, olives and dressing. Enjoy!