Digital Membership Card FAQs
What are digital membership cards?
Starting February 2019, we are offering digital membership cards, which can be quickly and easily accessed on your smartphone. When you join or renew as a Society member, you’ll receive an email from our partners at Cuseum with a prompt to download your card directly to your smartphone. Now you’ll always have your card handy when you’re shopping (and saving!) with our Discount Partners. (Digital membership cards are not currently supported on tablets, such as iPads.)
How do I add my membership card to an iPhone?
- Open the email from us on your phone (not on a computer or tablet)
- Tap on the big green download button
- Tap on the black “Add to Wallet” box
- Go to your phone’s home screen and tap on your wallet app (comes automatically installed on all iPhones)
- In your wallet, you’ll see your white membership card
How do I add my membership card to an Android phone?
Android users need to download Wallet Passes from Google Play. Once you have this app, click on “download” in your email from MSHS, and your card will automatically be added to Wallet Passes, where it can be accessed at any time.
I’d rather not use a digital membership card. What should I do?
We strongly encourage trying this new membership card for several reasons:
- Your card will live on the device you carry everywhere, so you don’t have to worry about losing a paper card or forgetting it at home
- With quick and easy access to your benefits and expiration date, you can make the most of your membership
- Help save paper and postage, which means less impact on our environment and more of your membership dollars will go toward supporting valuable community programs that bring gardening tools and education to our underserved neighbors!
Still not ready to go green yet? Email us or call 651-643-3601 to request a physical card.
I don’t have a mobile phone. What can I do?
Email us or call 651-643-3601 to request a physical card.
My name is spelled wrong on my card. Or, my membership level is listed incorrectly.
Please email us with any corrections or updates, or call 651-643-3601.
I downloaded my card and now I can’t find it.
If you have an iPhone, your membership card will automatically download to Apple Wallet. Check the app for your new card (scroll through any cards that are already there—it may be hiding!). If you have an Android, you’ll need to download Wallet Passes from the Play Store prior to downloading the card.