The collection includes:
- 2,000 book titles - Search the library catalog by keyword, author, or title.
- DVD and CD-ROM collection
- Seed and nursery catalogs
- Recent issues of garden magazines
- Northern Gardener magazine - Complete collection
- Historic documents and publications
- On-site research for members and non-members
- Borrowing privileges to members
Even if you're not a member of MSHS, you're invited to come to the library and browse through the collection. Become a member and take advantage of one of the great benefits of membership. Want to join? You can right now online!
Mission StatementThe Minnesota State Horticultural Society library is committed to:
- Acquiring, promoting, circulating and maintaining print and video materials on a broad range of horticultural and related subjects
- Provide general reference materials on horticultural topics
Borrowing Materials: Membership Benefit
- Search for author, title and call number
- Call 651-643-3601, toll free 1-800-676-6747
- Postage paid sending; return postage obligation of borrower. Metro-area members are encouraged to pick up and return library materials in person.
- Check out in person: MSHS hours
- Six item limit for a one month period
- Supports the mission of MSHS by providing a circulating and reference collection of print and video material for members and for the in-house use of the general public.
- Serves patrons with a wide range of interests and levels of expertise, from the beginning hobby gardener to the more advanced specialist
- Serves its users by providing recent material with a range of degrees of specialization on subjects of current interest.
- Since the emphasis is on current usefulness, material that is out of date, superceded by new editions, or in poor physical condition will not normally be retained
- Is not intended to support academic research but may include materials that have academic value.
Donation Policy: The MSHS Library Committee
- Welcomes gifts of funds and horticulturally related books and materials
- Reviews all donated materials
- Evaluates inclusion based on criteria such as age, condition, format and content
- May refuse gifts in poor physical condition or if they do not meet the criteria expressed in the collection statement for the MSHS Library Collection.
- Will dispose of refused materials as it sees fit unless the donor requests their return
- Cannot legally appraise gifts for tax or inheritance purposes
Upon request, we will provide a receipt confirming the type and quantity of materials donated. The library does not assume any legal responsibility if this statement is used for tax purposes.