2022 Volunteer Learning Garden Tour
Hennepin County Master Gardeners
Saturday, July 9, 9 am – 4 pm; rain or shine
Location: South Minneapolis Neighborhoods
Cost: Single tickets are $15 in advance; $20 on the day of the tour. Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Children under 12 get in free with a paying adult. The tour is held rain or shine.
Saturday, July 9, 2022 – We know the date is months away, but sunny gardening days are ahead and it’s time to start planning. The 2022 Hennepin County Master Gardener Volunteer Learning Garden Tour is back and set for July 9, 2022 from 9am to 4pm, rain or shine. It’s bigger and better than ever this year with 10 gardens in South Minneapolis which includes neighborhoods in Richfield, Tangletown and Hiawatha. Mark your calendar. Even better, call your friends and family and get a group together, buy your tickets and get ready for a fun-fill day of gardening inspiration!
As a gardener we’re all aware of global warming and climate change. By using climate-friendly practices in gardens and landscapes, home gardeners are an important part of the fight against global warming and climate change. No matter the size of your garden come and learn how to start or even improve your gardening techniques.
What’s included you ask?
– 10 one-of-a-kind gardens showcasing a wide variety of traditional to eclectic designs. Eight of the featured gardens are Hennepin County Master Gardeners’ home gardens, one is a Community Garden and another is a Schoolyard garden. (the Community Garden and Schoolyard garden are gardens that we support in our educational and outreach efforts to the community).
– Learning opportunities at all 10 gardens covering topics such as Garden Design, Growing Vegetables, and Native Plants. At one garden you’ll even learn which plants you can use to create natural textile dyes!
– A Garden Tour booklet with details for each garden including address and directions, the garden “story”, and a list of featured plants.
– At one of the gardens you will find the “Garden Shed” offering many fun and useful gardening related accessories. Another garden hosts a “Book Nook” that will be stocked with a wide variety of books for kids and adults. Both are great gift purchasing opportunities.
– A chance to chat with Hennepin County Master Gardener volunteers about your specific questions and obtain trusted, reliable information.
– A great excuse to get outside safely among other gardening enthusiasts and learn new techniques while you’re having fun.
Attendees are invited to roam all 10 gardens at their leisure, chat with the Master Gardener volunteer homeowner hosts who created the gardens and learn from the many Hennepin County Master Gardener volunteers who will be on site to answer your questions. Past attendees tell us they leave the garden tour inspired to start working in their own backyards. It’s a wonderful opportunity to get outside, explore south Minneapolis neighborhoods, and gather inspiration for your own garden space. And you can feel confident knowing the Learning Garden Tour will follow COVID precautions outlined by the University of Minnesota and the City of Minneapolis.
Whether you are new to gardening or a seasoned pro – come see the possibilities! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, July 9, 2022!
To buy tickets and learn more about the Learning Garden Tour, visit
Contacts: Media: Mary Ellen Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-559-7494;
Extension Educator: Terry Straub, email@example.com, 612-596-2130
U of M Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program – Hennepin County
479 Prairie Center Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
All proceeds help to support the University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener Volunteer – Hennepin County community programs. University of Minnesota Extension is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Our mission: Use research-based horticultural knowledge and practices to deliver educational outreach and project-based efforts that inspire change and promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet.
Interview opportunities are welcome. Contact us for more information.