MSHS and Garden Clubs – Still Growing Strong!
Beginning in the 1930s, MSHS developed special membership programs for individuals who had joined a local garden club. These garden club members gave and still give the society and their communities time, donations, energy, enthusiasm and ideas. Today, 130 statewide garden clubs are affiliates of MSHS, and nearly 2,000 people are garden club members of the society.
There is no minimum number of garden club members who have to join.
Garden Club members receive year-round member benefits at a reduced rate.
MSHS Garden Club Benefits
- Six issues of Northern Gardener magazine – Published every other month, this magazine will allow you to track gardening events statewide and learn the latest growing and new plant information. Have ideas for your garden and your club at your finger tips.
- 15% discount on all merchandise purchases with MSHS – On-line, over the phone, at MSHS or events.
- A one time 25% off coupon on a merchandise purchase – On-line, over the phone, at MSHS or events.
- Member discount card good for discounts at nurseries available statewide –Save significant money on your plant purchases.
- Discounts on classes, events and tours with MSHS – At MSHS, participating nurseries, domestic & international tours.
- Access to the MSHS library – On-line, over the phone and at MSHS.
- Garden club member & district awards – Show off your best and brightest! Give your members, club or district the recognition they deserve at our annual awards event and in the Northern Gardener.
- Speaker’s roster – Statewide list of speakers for your club. Available on-line or hard copy.
- MSHS E-mail newsletter – Emailed every month so we can keep in contact - MSHS news, events & information.
- Garden club district support funds – Your district will receive funding back for each garden club member of MSHS in your district. Funds can be used to educate your region on the leading topics in horticulture today.
- Northern Gardener calendar of events – Your club may list your meetings and special events in the calendar of events in the Northern Gardener and on our website.
- Discounted membership with the MN Landscape Arboretum, Como Park Zoo and Conservatory and the Walker Art Center.
- NEW or Lapsed (12 months or more) also receive a $25.00 merchandise credit with White Flower Farm mail order nursery! Must join for a full year – pro-rated memberships do not qualify.
$37 - Individual garden club member – all above benefits apply for one person.
$40 - Dual – all above benefits apply for two people at the same address.
$55 - Household– allabove benefits apply for one or two people at the same address plus they receive two tickets to the Spring Mpls. Home & Garden Show and two tickets to the Minnesota Home & Patio Show.
How it Works
- If you are joining thru your club, one of your officers will take payment & forward your name, address & payment on to MSHS. (Some clubs prefer that you join directly thru MSHS, please check with one of your club’s officers to see which they prefer.)
- If you are joining directly with MSHS, please send your name, address, telephone, email, the garden club you belong to and the level at which you are joining to MSHS.
- Members can join MSHS at any time throughout the year.
- Your subscription will start with the next issue of the magazine and you will receive your membership card within two weeks.
Please contact me with any questions or if I can help you join MSHS. I also welcome the opportunity to attend one of your garden club meetings and share all of the great details about joining MSHS.
Lisa Williams – Hardman
MSHS Membership Coordinator
800-676-6747 or 651-643-3601