Creamy Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta
This recipe from Tieghan Gerard of Half Baked Harvest is a perfect way to enjoy butternut squash
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 6-10 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 pound long or short cut pasta
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, butternut squash, garlic, thyme, 1 tablespoon rosemary, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Arrange the prosciutto around the squash. Bake 20 minutes, check the prosciutto, then bake another 10-15 minutes, until the squash is tender.
3. Add the butternut squash, garlic, and ricotta to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, remove 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
5. In a large skillet, melt together the butter, sage, and 1 tablespoon rosemary. Cook until the butter is browning, then add the butternut puree and 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, stirring until combined. Melt in the gouda and parmesan.
6. Add the pasta to the sauce, tossing to combine. If needed, thin the pasta sauce with a little of the reserved cooking water.
7. Divide the pasta between plates. Top with parmesan and prosciutto. Twirl the pasta up. EAT and ENJOY.